Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Starry Night


The Swap Quatrain was created by Lorraine M. Kanter. 

Within the Swap Quatrain, each stanza in the poem must be a quatrain (four lines) where the first line is reversed in the fourth line. In addition, line 2 must rhyme with line 1, and line 3 must rhyme with line 4 and so on, BUT not repeat the same rhyming pattern on subsequent stanzas. 

Rhyming pattern: AABB, CCDD, and so on.



There’s a moon, a starry night.
The little dots so very bright.
My baby boy, go to bed soon.
A starry night, there’s a moon.

My lullaby, a lovely song.
The angels’ trumpets so very strong.
My baby boy, do not sigh.
A lovely song, my lullaby.

Time has passed, sweet sunrise.
Forces me to close my eyes.
My baby boy is happy at last.
Sweet sunrise, time has passed.


No comments:

Post a Comment