Friday, January 27, 2017

Dance In Glee. A villanelle. Be gentle, it's the first one I write.

Say you will always love me.
Stay forever by my side.
Together we can dance in glee.

We will the world flee,
Into the horizon we’ll ride.
Say you will always love me.

I’ll meet you under the willow tree
And I will become your bride.
Together we can dance in glee.

Please do listen to my plea.
From me do not hide.
Say you will always love me.

Shall we steal the church key?
The priest is waiting inside.
Together we can dance in glee.

Let’s celebrate by the sea.
In a lighthouse we’ll abide.
Say you will always love me.
Together we can dance in glee.


A 19-line poem of fixed form consisting of five tercets and a final quatrain on two rhymes, with the first and third lines of the first tercet repeated alternately as a refrain closing the succeeding stanzas and joined as the final couplet of the quatrain.



No comments:

Post a Comment