Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Who is the narrator?

I’ve been watching her all day and I haven’t got a clue why she’s doing what she’s doing. But I love her and I want to be by her side no matter what.

She got up and instead of getting ready to go out as she usually does, she put on her slippers and her dressing gown.

She’s been sitting in front of a big book for hours underlining words with a big yellow pen. From time to time, she yawns.

‘This is so boring,’ she says.

I wonder what is boring. Staying at home? I like it. Sitting down? I like it too…

She just patted my head distractedly, without even looking at me. Does that mean she doesn’t love me anymore?

I hope things will be different tomorrow… I want life to go back to normal, with her moving around the house doing different things.

Great! Her boyfriend has just arrived. When he’s here she pays even less attention to me. I’m so jealous of that guy. If I could, I would… Well, I’m not going to say it, but it involves biting. 

‘How are you?’ he asks her.

‘Nervous,’ she answers. ‘I just want it to be over.’

I wonder what they are talking about. And then I find out.

‘I hate exams,’ she adds. ‘And this driving test is the worst. Why do I have to have two exams on the same day? I’ll have to rush after the university exam to do the driving thing. How very horrid!’

When the exams are over she’ll love me again.

And then the miracle I’ve been expecting happens.

‘Come here, my little girl,’ she tells me. She places me on her lap and kisses my head. I’m so happy I could stay here forever.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I hope that she passes her two exams. But are you sure that when finishes, she will spend more hours with you? Because I think otherwise...
    Do not take it bad. Simply, as far as I can read, currently she is a university student and she has a boyfriend, so this is not the perfect combination ��
    Anyway, you shouldn't worry because if our English class book is right, to be exact by the age of 23, finally your daughter will start to pay more attention. So be patient! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonia,
      I am the writer but not the narrator. I'm going to give you a clue. She's small and fluffy.

      Delete